Monday, May 28, 2007

Jiminy Cricket has a new pal

I forgot about this blog! So I'll try to catch up on a few cute and funny things about D and E:

I know a few of you had imaginary friends, but I don't remember having one myself. Diego has had one for a while now, I think since we moved in here. It's fun to see how he plays with his "friend", and to remember Shelly playing with Jiminy Cricket. Especially because he came up with it all on his own. Diego's friends name is Donut Ding. Every few weeks Diego announces "Donut Ding is here!" Then for the rest of the day he tells me when Donut Ding needs food or toys (generally things Diego wants more of for himself :).) They've been playing Blue's Clues together today.
Yesterday Diego told me he wanted to make Jell-o cookies. I laughed and asked him how to make them. He said (with huge hand actions and lots of jumping) "first you mix it up all together, then you toss it in the air, then you put it in a pan, then you cook it."
Eva took about 3 steps last Wednesday, and has been doing more every day. I love those wobbly first steps. She's the type that tries to get as many steps in as fast as she can before she falls. I think she's up to about 7 now. It's so exciting, but a little bittersweet. I miss my baby, especially because she's always been so eager to grow up. I used to think she looked just like Joe's family, but she's getting curls in back and I think she looks like some of Liz's baby pictures.
Sarah (landlord upstairs) told me yesterday that their hometeacher (also in our ward) was talking to them about Eva (not realizing we lived downstairs). He told them he normally doesn't think he wants another baby, but every sunday when he sees that baby up front with the dark brown eyes and big smile he starts to get "baby hungry." It's so fun to have a beautiful baby who makes everyone at church smile! (I know you all know what I'm talking about!)

No comments: