Sunday, June 24, 2007

Diego on being sick

Last week Diego got a mosquito bite on his shin. A few days later his entire lower leg was swollen, from his knee halfway down his foot. Joe and I were talking about it, and were a little worried, so we decided I should call "ask a nurse". Diego picked up on it, and kept reminding me to call. While I was on the phone he asked, "Mommy, I'm sick huh, my leg is sick huh?" As soon as I hung up with the nurse Diego said "Ok, now we have to get popsicles and drinks and everysing." As soon as I was able to stop laughing I explained that because it's his leg that's sick, and he doesn't need his leg to swallow, he can still eat normal stuff. Poor kid, he was so excited to be sick! He did get a lot of attention and treats anyway, of course.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so cute! Everysing makes it even cuter. This blog is great.

Barbara said...

You can't blame the kid for hoping. ;)