Saturday, January 26, 2008

Eva's telephone message to grandpa

On Tuesday, November 27, at about 7:45 as I was locking up my office to get home for 8:00 scripture reading, I noticed the phone mail light on, so I took the message.

To my surprise, a sweet little voice said: "Hi... It's Eva... Call me..." After this very clear grown-up talk, she then lapsed into baby talk.

I was blown away how grown up it sounded--like a five year old (she was about 18 months at the time). I just kept laughing all the way home.

The next day I got on the phone with Annette. I thought maybe her mother had coached her, but Annette said she finally gave in when Eva kept bugging her to call Grandpa.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

That's so cute! I have to say, I've been so surprised, when talking to Eva on the phone, that I can understand a lot of what she says. She almost sounded like Carter. For such a little thing, she sure is a great talker. Doesn't sound at all like her mom, does it?